Launch of the Oona commerce platform, transforming customer payment experience at the point of sale
PARIS – September 6, 2018 – Aava Mobile, leader of POS tablets and enterprise mobility for retail, is announcing the exclusive launch of its Oona solution at Paris Retail Week 2018, the first in-store checkout and payment solution that offers the same level of service as online purchasing solutions.
Oona allows retailers to offer value-added services to customers at checkout time and equips them with new marketing tools, which allow the following services among others:
- Payment facilities, such as the possibility to pay in several installments (e.g. payment in 3, 4 or 10 installments)
- Upsell & cross-selling suggestions related to the purchase (e.g. cross-selling of batteries for an electronic device)
- Realtime targeted couponing and loyalty programs, usually exclusive to an online purchase
- Special offers
- Alternative payment methods (private card, AliPay, WeChat Pay…) or to pay in another currency (DCC)
- Real-time surveys, to evaluate customer satisfaction
This complete payment and services solution combines three parts:
- ‘Oona Cloud’: a platform offering added value services
- ‘Oona Link’: a tool to define the customer’s experience to enable targeted services and to track the business performance
- ‘Oona Counter’(a fixed point of interaction at the checkout) or ‘Oona Flip’ (a mobile point of interaction with an integrated cash register)
Aava Mobile operates the Oona solution at the points of sales. The monitoring of the services is centrally driven from the Oona Cloud platform or via web services. Thus, marketing, digital or business owners can simply manage the customer journey in each stage of the interaction, in real-time and remotely. The Oona solution is compliant with EMV, PCI PTS, PCI DSS and GDPR requirements, meeting the security, legal and banking obligations.
Oona provides merchants a professional and flexible service-centric solution including payment – that can be interfaced with any service provider – and entirely dynamic – capable of handling real-time and complex business case. The solution is simple to deploy at the points of sales, it is built to be compatible with both existing and future in-store checkout system, to enable quick revenue increase.
For the consumer, the Oona solution is easy to use and brings many added value services along with a unique payment experience.
“Oona is bound to disrupt the in-store checkout, enriching the customer’s experience and strengthening the relationship between merchants and clients. What a better opportunity than this European professional event to launch the first enriched payment solution for physical stores in the world.” comments David Graziani, Managing Director France at Aava Mobile “With Oona, we target company-owned and franchise stores, and more particularly hospitality and restaurants. This new offer of cloud services enhances the galaxy of solutions already brought by Aava to the point of sales.”
About Aava Mobile
Aava is the B2B leader of mobile POS technology with globally recognized and established products.
The Finnish word “Aava” means “open” and has been synonymous with the company’s business since 2009, with the development of innovative POS tablets and handhelds that are open to all Windows and Android POS applications. Aava Mobile implements pioneering payment and POS devices for and together with a great number of vendors, such as Diebold Nixdorf, Ingenico, Verifone, InVue, ENS or ArmorActive.
- Created on .